LinkedIn recently published a post, Now Is the Time to Make LinkedIn a Strategic Priority. Here’s Why, that shares statistics on how the platform is growing. They also included a handy infographic that summarises the data.
If you’re not already using LinkedIn and updating your business page on a regular basis, perhaps it’s time for a rethink. Here’s some facts and figures from that LinkedIn post that might change your mind about the platform…
- As of April 2022, 59 million companies have a LinkedIn Page.
- 2.7 million of these Pages post at least weekly.
- The LinkedIn Pages that post weekly have 5.6x more followers than Pages that post monthly, and their following grows 7x faster than Pages that post monthly.
- Over 11 million members have turned on LinkedIn creator mode since its launch in March of 2021.
- LinkedIn members are viewing 22% more Feed Updates in 2022 YoY. (LinkedIn internal data)
- LinkedIn members are having 25% more public conversations on LinkedIn YoY. (LinkedIn internal data)
- Between June 2020 and June 2022, LinkedIn members shared 25% more public content YoY. (LinkedIn internal data)
Of particular interest to the event industry…
- LinkedIn members are scheduling 176% more LinkedIn Live events YoY. (LinkedIn internal data)
- There is a 75% increase in the number of spontaneous LinkedIn Live events YoY. (LinkedIn internal data)
- LinkedIn members created 150% more annual virtual events in 2021 than they did in 2020, and 231% more members attended these events. (LinkedIn internal data)